I fell on a city sidewalk or cross-walk. Who is responsible for my claim?

For cases in NYC, if the defect that caused your accident is on the sidewalk and if it is in front of a single or two family home, the City of NY is liable for your injuries, but only if there is “prior written notice”. Learn more about claim responsibility for sidewalk or cross-walk injuries.

What is Pain and Suffering?

Learn about what constitutes pain and suffering, and the ability to recover for pain and suffering in New York.

Can I recover for my lost wages?

For an automobile accident, the No-Fault carrier (see above) will pay you 80% of your actual incurred lost wages, with a maximum of $2,000 a month (unless you have an APIL or OBEL policy, which is like extra No Fault coverage). Read more about lost wage recovery in New York.

How much is my case worth?

It is very difficult for an attorney to give you an reliable estimate of the value of your case soon after the accident. Typically, we need more information to give you a true value of your case. Read about these factors.

What is my deadline to make a claim?

This all depends on what type of claim you have. For basic negligence cases (accident cases against private entities), the statute of limitations is 3 years. For cases against the City of New York and other public municipalities, the statute of limitations is generally 1 year and 90 days. However, there are other deadlines that you must be aware of.

What is the fee for the legal services?

The fee for lawyers in New York is governed by New York law.  We charge a contingency fee of 33…